The Icefield Centre is located just north of the Banff /Jasper National Park boundary, on the spectacular Icefields Parkway (Highway #93 North). Located 103 km (60 miles) south of the town of Jasper, 130 km (80 miles) north of Lake Louise. Ample parking is available in the public car lot, with a short walking trail to the Centre. Guests cannot drive directly to the building; however, Chalet staff will be pleased to transfer luggage for you. The Glacier View Inn is a model of environmentally sensitive design, built to incorporate the pristine environment that it surrounds. There are 32 guest rooms - most have at least two queen beds and a loft. All are well appointed, with satellite TV, direct dial phones, and of course spectacular views of surrounding mountains and glaciers. There are rooms well suited for families needing more space than a conventional hotel room, as well as traditionally sized rooms for couples or individuals. Upon arrival, proceed to the Reception Counter located on the main floor. Upon check in, a Front Desk agent will advise you of the best location to park and will assist if necessary, with luggage (recommend parking in the bus parking lot if arrival is after 18:30). Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 am. Rooms feature: Spacious rooms with a full bath, and a spectacular view of the Athabasca Glacier. With or without loft.
- This "all-inclusive" program will start between 4pm and 5pm. If guests arrive late(r), they may miss program inclusions. There will be no compensation or refund for missed program inclusions. - If the children want to order off the adult menu, additional charges will have to be paid locally. - It is recommended for guest's check-out prior to the Glacier Skywalk Tour. Luggage can be stored complimentary at Glacier View Lodge until after the tour.
Glacier View Lodge includes:
- 1 night at Glacier View Lodge
- Welcome reception including snacks and one beverage ( alcoholic drink for adults and non-alcoholic drink for children)
- Private evening Ice Explorer Glacier Tour
- Three-course dinner, excluding beverages
- Breakfast at Altitude Restaurant, including tea, coffee and juice
- Private morning Glacier Skywalk tour
- Exclusive guest parking & luggage service
Day 1 - Arrive at Glacier View Lodge with Athabasca Glacier Tour
A host will be available to greet guests and assist with luggage and check-in. Once checked-in guests will be a copy of the evening itinerary and given Dinner Menu to review in advance. Between 5:00pm-6.00pm guests can join a welcome reception in the Moraine Lounge to enjoy a beverage and snacks. A host will go over the details of the evening experience and introduce guests to their driver/guide(s). Chef will arrive to collect dinner orders and answer any questions about the menu. Between 6:30pm-8:00pm guests will be taken to their Athabasca Glacier tour. Warm beverages (Hot Chocolate and Apple Cider) will be served on the ice. Guests should be dressed appropriately. Long pants, long sleeved tops, and fully enclosed shoes are recommended. Between 8:05pm-9:45pm guests will be brought back to the lodge and will enjoy dinner. Dinner will be an appetizer, main course and dessert.
Glacier View Lodge
Day 2 - Glacier Skywalk Tour and Departure Day
Between 7:30am-9:15am breakfast will be served. This can be either a plated hot breakfast or a buffet, depending on the occupancy of the hotel. At 10:00am guests will be taken on their Glacier Skywalk Tour. 11:00am check-out.
Glacier View Lodge
Glacier View Lodge, Icefields Parkway
Nestled in a high alpine zone dominated by the iconic Columbia Icefield, the Glacier View Lodge is an experience like no other. From the moment you check in, you’re treated to a premium hospitality experience loaded with exclusive activities, unique dining experiences and entertainment. The Lodge is just one hour from Jasper.
Twin bedroom at Glacier View lodge
Dining room at lodge